Neurable’s mission is to make technology universally accessible, intuitive, and empowering through advanced applications of neurotechnology. Our brain-computer interface technology delivers unparalleled experiences to our customers across multiple platforms including mobile, PC, and virtual / augmented reality.
We are seeking a talented Research Engineer to join our team. Your work will directly contribute to advancements in the field of human-computer interaction. The Research Engineer will be responsible for experimental design, evaluation of biometric sensors, sourcing and assembling test apparatus, developing experiments, collecting data from participants, and data analysis. The ideal candidate should be comfortable with creative problem solving in a startup environment. If you like tinkering, are curious by nature, and / or consider yourself a technologist or an innovator, you will fit in well on our team.
Please use this link to apply.
What You Will Do and Learn:
- Create a processes to evaluate EEG electrode performance and apply it to compare electrodes from Neurable's partners
- Validate prototype hardware for efficacy with Neurable's software
- Contribute to requirements for Neurable's next product
- Work with partners to create next-generation consumer EEG electrodes.
- Synthesize requirements from Science and Product teams to create project charters
- Design experiments to achieve the desired outcome
- Select and acquire test apparatus and develop experimental procedures
- Validate setup with a sample of participates to ensure efficacy for large numbers (100+) participants
- Specify needs for participants and work with Marketing or an outside company to source subjects
- With the support of Research Interns, run experiments and collect data
- Collect and synthesize feedback for Product, Science, and Engineering to improve future experiments
- Analyze, visualize, and prepare data for ML Engineers to create algorithms
Who You Are:
- Interested in technology and the future of human-computer interaction
- Enjoy working on small teams in a highly collaborative environment
- Appreciate knowledge-sharing within the team and teaching others
- Not afraid to experiment, fail, and then learn from the results
- Desire to create a positive change in the world
The Ideal Candidate Will Have
- Ms or PhD in neuroscience, biomedical engineering, electrical engineering or a similar field
- 3+ years experience in a research lab
- 2+ years experience in industry commercializing EEG systems
- Proficiency with Python
- Experience with signal processing and/or Machine Learning
- Both right-brained and left-brained, can think big picture and have the ability to execute
- Startup experience
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary and equity
- High quality health insurance (100% company paid)
- 401(k) with employer matching contributions
- Generous PTO
- Convenient location in Downtown Crossing
- Pet friendly office, fun team outings, and homemade waffles every Wednesday!